Aug 23, 2017

Show of Evil.... Martin Vail vs Aron Stampler

Show of EvilShow of Evil by William Diehl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Martin Vail vs Aron Stampler...

Back in April 2006, when I first read Primal Fear, I knew I wanted to know more. About both of these people... I was intrigued and mystified... a little terrified also... especially by the parting statement from Aron.

As the sequel to the chilling and entertaining Primal Fear, Show of Evil is a good book to read. If you have not read the Primal Fear, you might want to pick and read that one first. Because its a sequel in the most sequel like fashion....though it shares information about the earlier book, if you truly want to experience the thrill...

As novels go, I still prefer reading the first one. As a standalone novel, Show of Evil might fall short on intensity and flow. It misses out on the brilliance of Marty Vail as a strategist and risk taker. In Show of Evil, you see Marty as being referred as both the skills however, there's hardly any show of him actually being both. You miss out on his and judge's banter and discussions. Those I believe were a treat for the reader in Primal Fear.

So, in and all, Show of Evil stands on the good graces of Primal Fear without much of its own merit to shine. There are some fast paced action sequences and schemes... but nothing much to its individual credit. If you have read Primal Fear, you might enjoy Show of Evil as a followup to read... however, as a standalone... I'm not so sure.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion... Shout it out...