Nov 30, 2010

The novella that took my breath away....


Custom-made Artificially-Produced Armed Forces

What the f**k.... was my initial reaction.... followed by....wow...

when you pick up a Matthew Reilly novel, or novella, in this case.... you KNOW that you are signing up for a roller coaster ride... it’s going to be exiting, blood pumping and absolutely high speed... it might not have been superbly ORIGINAL or ACCURATE for that matter, but you know that you are in for the ride of your life...

Even when I knew all the above, when Hell Island hit me.... I staggered. MR might not be the most original of authors, but he sure as hell is one of a kind when it comes to the speed in the storyline. Hell Island is a novella. Mere 79 pages…. But wow… what action packed, blood pumping, staggering 79 pages.

The story starts with Scarecrow and his team along with 3 other special forces teams landing on a secret military island, on a deserted warship…. A ship with missing crew and blood stains all over the place… the investigation leads the team to inner parts of the ship, only to hear the rest of the teams falling prey to some unknown enemy…

The speed, with which MR decides to present us with the problem and the solution, is true to his very own style. My head is still reeling from the action and speed. And it’s been over 2 hours that I finished reading it. (it took me slightly over an hour to finish it though). The effects are strong, and I’m tempted to write down the secret that Scarecrow faces on Hell Island, and I’m finding it too hard to NOT TO. So, I’d cut short the review to say….Those who want a small break from daily grind and can’t take a longer break… feel free to race the forces with this novella. It’s a perfect gate away…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion... Shout it out...