Jan 26, 2010

Alexander The Great

Every time I read any historical fictions, I always feel like my knowledge is soooo very limited. European history is something they didn’t teach me in School, and I hardly paid any attention to Indian History (though, I would like to believe that I do remember most of it)....


Was reading Will Adams' Alexander Cipher last week. Did you know that they actually have NO IDEA where and how he is buried, and that NO-ONE knows anything about his resting place. The great Alexander''s body was literally dragged through Europe and Egypt for a race to the throne? How sad is it? That a guy, who strove to rule the world, was dragged through all those places he conquered by those very people who helped him in those battles....


Did you know that he was actually called, Iskinder... which would have why, we in India generally refer to him as "Sikander".. funny how names are altered depending on the region they are pronunciated in. Couldn't really stop reminding me of that old story of "Sikandar and Porus".

once again, coming to old cliches... "Reading books is dangerous thing"...

I'm now, pouring over any information that I can get my hands on abou Alexander. (And wondering would taking a college course in European History would help...)


well... its time to log off now... Will keep you updated, if I manage to find something INTERESTING....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have an opinion... Shout it out...